Request Information
TURKEY: +90 505 682 2102 | BRAZIL: 55.19.3816-8218 | EU: 359 2 4801900 | CHINA: 86-21-36120226 | INDIA: 91 9624009994 | CALL USA: 631.467.6814

Induction Brazing

Induction Brazing2018-10-04T03:54:07+00:00

Induction Brazing

Brazing is a metal-joining process in which two or more metal items are joined together by melting a filler material. Brazing is carried out at temperatures above 450°C (850°F), but below the melting point of the joined materials.

Brazing technology has been undergoing a sweeping change in recent years. More and more companies in different industries that use brazing as their preferred metal-joining procedure are searching for the most effective industrial brazing procedure for their needs. Research on brazing technology indicates that in industrial brazing, approximately 85% of all industrial brazing applications are accomplished with flame heating and the other 15% are done with induction and resistive heating.   Induction brazing is the ideal method to optimize this process and many companies are upgrading their brazing systems from flame heating to induction heating.

UltraFlex is a leader in induction brazing and has installed thousands of brazing equipment installations all over the world.

Examples of Induction Brazing

About Induction Brazing

Induction brazing is a process for joining similar or dissimilar metals using a filler metal through the precision heating of an RF induction heating unit. The filler metal is heated slightly above its melting point so it flows, but the temperature remains lower than the melting points of the base metals it is joining. Flux or an inert atmosphere can be used to protect the two metal surfaces being joined and the brazing material from oxidation during the heating process. The filler material flows over the base metals, and the entire assembly is then cooled to join the pieces together.

While brazing is a similar process to soldering, the temperatures needed to melt the filler metal are higher for brazing, with temperatures typically 470-1190°C (900-2200 °F). Brazing differs from welding in that brazing does not melt the base metals, allowing for temperatures lower than the melting points of the base metals. For this reason, brazing is a superior choice in joining dissimilar metals, as it results in less part distortion and joint stress, while resulting in a strong joint. Typical braze filler materials are copper, silver, zinc, nickel and aluminum. Typical joined materials are: steel-to-copper, steel-to-brass, and brass-to-copper. A properly-made brazed joint will typically be as strong or stronger than the base metals being joined. Brazing is commonly used for any manufacturing process that joins two metal pieces. Benefits of the induction brazing include:

  • Ability to join similar and dissimilar metals
  • Less part distortion and joint stress than welding
  • Strong, durable joints
  • Selective heating and better joint quality
  • Reduced oxidation and the need for acid cleaning
  • Faster heating cycles
  • More consistent results and suitability for large volume production
  • Improved safety versus flame brazing

UltraFlex is company with many years of experience in the industrial brazing applications so can offer you a lot of induction systems to semi-automated and automated brazing. Advantages of the automated brazing:

  • Process time can be controlled
  • Precisely controlled positioning
  • Fully automatic process
  • Flexible system accommodating different process requirements
  • Environmentally clean and safe process with no flames or toxic gasses

The automated brazing equipment is used widely in industrial brazing operations and helps improve the efficiency and quality of production.

UltraFlex works all around the world and can present you the best innovative induction solutions for industrial brazing equipment for your business needs.

The Application Guide for Brazing has additional information on Brazing with induction heating.

Requesting an Application Evaluation

application form

Ultraflex Power Technologies provides application testing and application evaluation services.

Please follow the link bellow to request evaluation or testing:

Download the Application Evaluation Form