Brazing of Fittings
Brazing of stainless steel fittings to corogated (SS) hoses. The hoses are with sizes ID 1.575in (40mm) and ID 2.99in (76 mm). The customer has never used induction heating before and is not familiar with the induction process. The goal of this test is to prove the strength of the joints.
• Flexible metal hose
• Ag45Sn brazing alloy
- Hose and fittings are prepared with borax flux paste in the surface area.
- Brazing rod is prepared in form of a ring fitting around the diameter of the joint.
- The hose and the fittings are placed into the coil.
- Induction heating is applied to the area until the braze is completed.
- Power supply SM-5/200 (5 kW) and heat station HS-5W will meet the requirements for this process.
- For better performance for bigger diameter joints, we recommend power supply W10/150 (10 kW) and heat station HS-8. A special custom coil can be designed as well.
- For the tests, static induction was used (see video), but flexible leads and coil or our UBraze assembly are also recommended.
Induction heating provides:
- Strong durable joints
- Selective and precise heat zone, resulting in less part distortion and joint stress
- Less oxidation
- Faster heating cycles
- More consistent results and suitability for large volume production, without the need for batch processing
- Safer than flame brazing