Soldering of cables to terminals in under 20 seconds using induction.
HS-8 Heat Station
• 0.078″2 (50mm2) cable terminal
• 0.078″2 (50mm2) cable
• Soldering alloy Sn60Pb38Cu2
Power: 2.8 kW
Time: 15-20 sec
Temperature: 500° F (260° C)
- The 0.078″2 (50mm2) cable terminal is attached to 0.078″2 (50mm2) cable
- The assembly is positioned inside the coil and induction heating is applied.
- Time to temperature is about 4 -5 sec. The temperature is maintained constant to complete the soldering process. A foot switch is used to start and stop the machine.
- After 15-20 sec, the cable and cable terminal are successfully soldered.
Suitable systems for the process: SM-5/180 with HS-4W Heat Station, SM-2/200 with HS-4W Heat station.
The SM-2/200 will require a longer time to reach temperature and complete soldering.
Induction heating provides:
- Strong durable joints
- Selective and precise heat zone, resulting in less part distortion and joint stress
- Less oxidation
- Faster heating cycles
- More consistent results and suitability for large volume production, without the need for batch processing
- Technology without pollution, which is clean and safe