Successfully solder two 45° brass corner joints.
UPT-L50/50, 10-50kHz Power Supply
HS-35LF Heat Station
StayBrite #8 silver solder supplied by the customer
Bridgit solder flux supplied by the customer
Brass corner joint
Ultraflex custom pancake coil
Power: 5.5 kW
Temperature: Approximately 550° F (288° C)
Time: 20 sec
- Flux is applied at all joints.
- The assembly is positioned into for heating
- Induction heating is applied for 15 sec
- The brazing rod is applied to the joint
- Since the brazing alloy is manually fed, the coil is placed under the joint, facing the visible side of the frame. The visible side of the joint is laying on a flat wooden surface, which does not allow the brazing alloy to leak and spill. This keeps the visible surface nice and clean, while the seam is internally brazed.
- If solder paste is used, then the coil can be placed on top of the joint. If a special dual coil is used, then both joints (top and bottom) can be done with one shot.
- No frame flipping is needed in this case. See the video and zoom the pictures attached for more details.
- No special cleaning is needed on either side of the joint. The samples on the pictures have been paper towel wiped only.
- The test was run with UPT-L50/50, however, based on power requirements, the UPT-W10/100 with HS-8LF will meet the requirements.