To generate plasma, we apply an electrical field to a gas, with the goal of removing electrons from their nuclei. These free-flowing electrons give the plasma key properties, including its electrical conductivity, a magnetic field, and sensitivity to external electromagnetic fields.
In this application test, the customer provided sample parts to be induction heated. Ultraflex needed to demonstrate the feasibility of the UPT-S5 kW system for Induction Heating SS cup for plasma research, by heating the cup to 1350 – 1400 0F (732-760°C) within three minutes.
• Stainless steel cup – 1.854” OD, ID – .570”
Temperature: 1350 – 1400 0F (732-760°C)
Power: 2 kW
Time: 180 seconds
- The cap assembly was placed up into the coil from the bottom turn, with 3” set in the long coil (6.250”).
- This test demonstrated the feasibility of the system for Induction Heating SS cup for plasma research, by heating to an approximate 1350-14000F within three minutes.
- Precise control of the time and temperature
- Power on demand with rapid heat cycles
- Repeatable process, not operator dependent
- Safe heating with no open flames
- Energy efficient heating