» 1. Is the melting power able to be regulated?
» 2. Do you provide a bottle of argon gas with each bought machine?
» 3. Do both EasyCast J machines come with a vacuum pump?
» 4. Is there a special Pad (spacer) for the Platinum crucible
» 5. Could you help me with casting Platinum?
» 6. How to check the water system on an EasyCast machine?
» 7. Is there a minimum water flow requirement?
A: The melting power can be regulated.
A: No, you need to supply the Argon gas yourself.
A: No, vacuum pump is a feature only for EasyCast 12.
A: Yes, there is such a spacer (pad).
A: Water system errors are often caused by not enough water in the system or the need of the water filter to be cleaned.You can watch the following video for the steps on how to maintain or troubleshoot your EasyCast water system: EC water flow check .
A: Yes, the minimum water flow requirement is 2L/min(0.5GPM).
Please note, that there is also requirement for the pressure – minimum differential pressure of the cooling water 3Bar(45PSI), maximum input pressure 6Bar(90PSI).
The regulation of the emissivity will let you to find the right melting point of your alloy. Every alloy has his typical emissivity value determinate by the composition. It is impossible for us to tell the exact emissivity value for every alloy unless is not pure metal. This value must be founded by the operator with this simple operation:
- Set on the casting machine the base value of the alloy, for example for a Platinum set 25%
- Set on the temperature function the melting point indicated by the alloy manufacturer. Please use the end of the melting interval.
- Start the melting process.
- If the alloy is melting before reaching the set point, decrease the emissivity value.
- If the alloy is not melting even after reaching the set point increase the emissivity value.
- Make a second trial since when you find that the metal is melting at the exact point. The emissivity value that you found with this operation must be memorized for the next casting cycle.
- On the table below you will find an indication of the emissivity which will be useful as a starting point.
|Type of alloy||Percentage|
|Yellow Gold||35% – 45%|
|White Gold-Silver Alloys||30% – 40%|
|Platinum||25% – 35%|
|Titanium||25% – 40%|