To generate plasma, we apply an electrical field to a gas, with the goal of removing electrons from their nuclei. These free-flowing electrons give the plasma key properties, including its electrical conductivity, a magnetic field, and sensitivity to external electromagnetic fields.
In this application test, the customer provided sample parts to be induction heated. Ultraflex demonstrated the ability of the UPT-S5 kW Induction system to heat the stainless steel tube to 1700ºF within one minute. This successful application test for Induction Heating SS Tube for Plasma Research, validated the customer’s use of the system for his testing.
• Stainless Steel tube 2” nominal OD 0.047” wall thickness
Temperature: 1700ºF (927°)
Power: 4.2 kW
Time: 60 seconds
- The stainless steel tube was centered in the coil and painted with 1500ºF and 1700ºF tempilaq indication paint.
- The heat time for the UPT-S5 was set for 60 seconds.
- A 5” length heated above 1500ºF; and a 4” length heated over 1700º This met the customer’s requirements for Induction Heating SS Tube for Plasma Research.
- Uniform heat can be achieved by profiling the coil turns.
- Precise control of the time and temperature
- Power on demand with rapid heat cycles
- Repeatable process, not operator dependent
- Safe heating with no open flames
- Energy efficient heating