To generate plasma, we apply an electrical field to a gas, with the goal of removing electrons from their nuclei. These free-flowing electrons give the plasma key properties, including its electrical conductivity, a magnetic field, and sensitivity to external electromagnetic fields.
In this application test, the customer provided sample parts to be induction heated. Ultraflex demonstrated the ability of the UPT-S5 5 kW Induction system to heat the stainless steel mesh tube to 17000F within one minute. The test of Induction Heating Mesh Tube for Plasma Research validated the use of this system for the customer.
• Stainless Steel Mesh tube 2.2” OD, 0.020” wall thickness
Temperature: 17000F (927°)
Power: 2.8 kW
Time: 39 seconds
Frequency: 65 kHz
- The stainless steel mesh tube was centered in the coil and painted with 15000F and 17000F tempilaq indication paint.
- The UPT-S5 was turned on, and a length of 4” was heated to over 17000F in 38 seconds. By successfully Induction Heating mesh tube for Plasma Research, the customer was satisfied that the UPT-S5 would meet his requirements.
- Precise control of the time and temperature
- Power on demand with rapid heat cycles
- Repeatable process, not operator dependent
- Safe heating with no open flames
- Energy efficient heating