Preheating piece of glass up to over 800°C using a graphite susceptor in under 40 sec in order to be hot formed.
• 10mm quartz glass rod
• Glass samples from customer
Key Parameters – Test 1: Quartz Glass Rod
Time: 100 sec
Temperature: over 3632°F (2000°C)
Frequency: 100 kHz
Key Parameters – Test 2: Glass Samples from Customer
Time: 40 sec
Temperature: over 1472°F (800°C)
- Cover graphite crucible with ZiO paint.
- Place the glass sample inside of the crucible. Due to their size, the customer samples were placed over the crucible.
- Start induction heating at 100% power set point ( 5kW).
Induction heating provides:
- Faster heating cycles
- More consistent results and suitability for large volume production, without the need for batch processing
- Technology without pollution, which is clean and safe