Preheating steel tubes with diameters of 14mm, 16mm, and 42mm (0.55”, 0.63”, and 1.65”). A 50mm (2″) length of the tube much be heated to 900°C (1650°F) in under 30 seconds.
• Steel tubes with ODs: 14mm, 16mm and 42mm (0.55”, 0.63”, and 1.65”)
• Wall thicknesses: 1mm, 2mm, and 2mm (0.04″, 0.08″, 0.08″)
Power: 5 kW for 42mm tube, 3 kW for 14 and 16 mm tubes
Temperature: 1740°F (950°C)
Time: 26 sec.
- Insert steel tube into the coil.
- Apply induction heat for 26 seconds.
- Remove the tube from the coil.
The desired preheating temperature was achieved for less than 30 seconds for the three different steel tubes. Our 5 kW induction system can be used for successfully preheating of steel tubes with different diameters and thicknesses.