In this application test, we Brazing Copper Tubing to Brass Fitting using UBraze Handheld System
• Copper Tubing and Brass Fitting
• Round Coil
• Brazing Rod formed into a preform
Temperature: about 1450°F (788°C)
Power: 7.04 kW
Time: No time limit was established. The braze took about 90 seconds from start to finish.
Frequency: 148 kHz
Induction Brazing Copper Tubing to Brass fitting with Ultraflex UBraze Handheld Brazing System. The customer’s targeted process time is less than 2 minutes per braze. The UBraze provides improve safety over the torch that is used for the customer’s current process.
- For induction brazing copper tubing to brass, first the copper tubing and brass fitting were fitted together, with flux applied at the joint. A preform was made of brazing rod and placed at the joint.
- The operator held the UBraze Handheld Brazing System with the coil positioned at the joint. The operator pulled the trigger to begin the braze.
- Precise control of the time and temperature
- Power on demand with rapid heat cycles
- Reduction in defects due to overheating
- Minimal handling of speaker diaphragm, reducing potential damage
- Repeatable process, not operator dependent when parts are set in a nest or fixture