Induction brazing copper to brass fitting using brazing alloy and flux within 60 seconds.
- For Induction Brazing Copper to Brass, first the copper tubing and brass fitting were assembled together.
- A pre-form of the silver brazing alloy was seated above the joint, and flux was added.
- The assembly was placed the two-turn helical coil, and positioned so the targeted joint
was centered in the coil.
- After 60 seconds in the coil, the brazing was complete.
- The material was cooled in water following the completion of brazing.
- The joint was then cross-sectioned to validate that the induction brazing process had produced a strong, high quality joint.
Induction heating provides:
- Strong durable joints
- Selective and precise heat zone, resulting in less part distortion and joint stress than welding
- Less oxidation
- Faster heating cycles
- More consistent results and suitability for large volume production, without the need for batch processing
- Safer than flame brazing