The customer currently outsources the process to braze brass fittings into the brass housing. The cost of this outside processing is $30 per part. By in-sourcing, the part cost will be reduced, and the customer can also avoid delays in the outsourcing process.
- Braze Brass Fittings into Brass Housing: the barb fittings are positioned into the housing, with a pre-form placed at the position of the joint.
- The assembly is then positioned into the induction coil.
- At approximately 2:15, a small amount of brazing alloy is added by hand during the heating, to fill the opening not covered by the preform. A production preform would completely encircle the part, and not have a gap.
- The finished braze, shows a consistent fillet at the braze joint.
Enables in-sourcing of an assembly process that has been done by a supplier. Avoids costly delays in processing.
- Precise control of the time and temperature
- Power on demand with rapid heat cycles
- Repeatable process, not operator dependent
- Safe heating with no open flames
- Energy efficient heating