I. Please provide the following information for all parts and assemblies to be used in this application.
- Material Composition: What is the specific composition of the Material?
- Material Geometry: What are the dimension and shapes of the parts?
II. Application Description: Which best describes your application?
- Forge (Through Heat)
- Bar End heating (where only a select portion of the billet is to be heated)
- Hot heading (selective heating generally on small diameter parts where only the top is formed)
III. Timing: Is there a time delay from the heating coil to the forge press?
- The time delay from the coil to the press will permit temperatures to equalize surface to core for large billets. For smaller diameter bars or billet processed as hot heading, the delay may require the exit temperature to be elevated to insure a correct temperature range for the press operation.
IV. Drawings / Photos: If available, please provide drawings and photos of the part(s) to be heated
V. Process Type: Will this be a standalone process? Or integrated into an existing process?
VI. Production Rate:
- If there is a target production rate, please provide required parts / hour.
- If there is a target production rate, please provide # of operating shifts.
- If there is a target production rate, please provide estimation of load and unload time.
- Will you need a coil? If yes, is the coil a new design or existing?
- Will you need temperature control / monitoring?
- Will flexible leads be needed (required if the coil position will move)?
- Do you have available water cooling, or will this also be needed?
VIII. Other requirements
- Are there any restrictions for power?
- Are there any space constraints? If yes, please provide the space footprint for the equipment.
IX. Current Process
What is the current process being used? (e.g. Flame; induction; oven; furnace; other).
- If Induction is currently used, what is the current equipment? Please include manufacturer, model, power (kW) and frequency (kHz).
- What are the drivers for purchasing new induction equipment (e.g. Safety; Energy Savings; Better process control; Reduce Quality Defects; Increase production rates; Other – please specify).