What is Induction Bonding?
Bonding is the connecting of metal or metal impregnated materials to rubber, thermoplastic material or plastic materials without the introduction of a separate bonding agent, adhesive or glue. Induction permits the non-contact heating of the metal or, in some cases, a metal susceptor, to impart heat via conduction into the plastic or non metal part causing a bond though selective heating and melting.
Typical joining materials: Steel, Stainless Steel, Kovar
- Power on demand with Rapid Heat Cycles
- Heats the metal directly to achieve a precise bond zone
- Accurate heating and temperature control with the ability to run repeated process cycles
- Food Industry – bonding of plastic handle to stainless steel tool
- Dental Tools – bonding of metal to plastic
- Optics – glass to metal bonding
- Medical – cannule to needle hubs
- Gaskets bonded to metal casings
Ultraflex Power Technologies provides application testing and application evaluation services.
Please follow the link bellow to request evaluation or testing: