Using a 7-turn induction ID Coil, heat a 4.3” ID Steel Tube to 700°F in under one minute using the UPT-S2 and HS-4 Heat Station.
• 4.5” Steel Tube
• 7-Turn Induction Coil, designed and manufactured by UltraFlex Power Technologies for this specific application.
• Tempilaq 650, 700, 750, used to confirm when desired temperature has been met.
Temperature: 700 °F (371°C)
Frequency: 66 kHz
- The UPT-S2 Power Supply was connected to the HS-4 Heat Station. The custom-designed and manufactured Induction Coil was attached to the Heat Station.
- The Induction Coil was placed inside the steel tubing.
- The Power Supply was turned on.
- At approximately 25 seconds, the Tempilaq 650 indicating liquid (gold) “flowed”, indicating that 650°F had been reached.
- At approximately 35 seconds, the Tempilaq 700 indicating liquid (beige) “flowed”, indicating that 700°F had been reached.
- At approximately 55 seconds, the Tempilaq 750 indicating liquid (blue) “flowed”, indicating that 750°F had been reached.
Induction heating provides:
- Efficient method of applying localized heat directly to the part, often resulting in significant energy savings
- Short Cycle Times
- Small footprint for equipment, allowing easy integration into existing or planned production lines